There are a number of great theme marketplaces for both designers and new website owners. You may want to search on these marketplaces for the perfect theme.
There are great CMS with free website templates, however there are also imported templates from third-party websites.
When it comes to creating or finding a website, beginners are often overwhelmed. There are thousands of themes to choose from—this is understandable. Here, we will highlight all you need to consider before selecting a template/theme for your website.
By the end of this article, you will also know which are the best third-party and CMS-based marketplaces for both free and premium themes.
Choosing The Best Theme For Your Website
Choosing a blog or website theme can be difficult. To make your decision easier, you can narrow down the options and choose from themes that meet your needs. You can find a theme by making decisions about what style you want your website to have, finding out about some favorite blog themes, and experimenting with different features.
- Decide which features you want. Make a list of features you need like integrated page builder, SEO optimization, browser compatibility, translation capability, number of columns, etc.
- Make sure to have a mobile-friendly theme and pay attention to responsiveness.
- To avoid slowing down your website, try choosing a lightweight theme. Because these are easier to maintain and provide the same power as more complex web templates, this is a case where less can be better.
- Ensure that the theme matches your aesthetic. Find themes that match your company’s branding elements, such as color palette and logo.
- You want your content to be readable, so you should use a font that is easy to read. You should also make sure your readers can access the whole page on mobile devices
- You can quickly spot if a theme suits your site by testing them before you customize them. Most premium themes come with a trial period that you should use to avoid spending more time or money on it. Test the theme before customizing it.
Follow these easy steps and the theme you select will impact your website in the long run. Now that we have analyzed those, let’s examine the best places to find themes.
Best Third-Party Theme Marketplaces
ThemeForest provides a marketplace for users to explore pre-built templates for their website. They have templates on a variety of topics including responsive WordPress themes and the best-selling templates for eCommerce websites.
The best choice for non-WordPress users is Creative Market because it includes a filter that helps you to select which CMS and file type prices. They also have a huge selection, which you can find in their website ThemeForest.
There are a variety of templates available for Tumblr, Drupal, Bootstrap and Joomla.
You will find some of the best graphics and themes for your website on Template Monster. There is also exclusive work created for WooCommerce and WordPress.
There’s a search feature on StudioPress that allows you to use filters to find the best themes for your site. You can sort by a multitude of features, as well as columns and developers.
CSSIgniter is a marketplace for WordPress website designers and developers. They offer demos for any type of theme, from minimalist to WooCommerce. Olsen and Amaryllis are two examples of what they offer.
You can try out these premium themes before you decide which one works best for your blog. However, they only provide templates for the WordPress CMS.
BBest CMS-Based Theme Marketplaces
Though premium themes are all over third-party marketplaces, your best option for free and quality themes is WordPress’ built-in theme marketplace. With thousands of options, there’s something for everyone.
There are many free and premium themes in the WordPress marketplace, ranging from four thousand to five thousand.
Shopify is the second most popular CMS after WordPress, so it should be no surprise that the eCommerce platform has a marketplace where you can find free and premium themes.
The Shopify platform offers the opportunity for beautiful e-commerce stores.
Wix Website Templates
There are many options to choose from when it comes to Wix themes. This can help you avoid the limitations of WordPress’ available third-party themes. However, because Shopify and Wix both offer website building apps, there is a tradeoff of less third-party app support for the more versatile interface that one offers.
BigCommerce Themes & Templates
If you want premium themes for professional use, you can find them on the BigCommerce website.
What’s cool is the fact that with a user-friendly and epic filter, you can find the perfect theme for your website.
If you know what you’re looking for in terms of layout and features, choosing the best theme will be much easier. The list of options is endless, but if you know what it is that you need from your site, it will make your search much simpler.
The following providers offer the most variety, so consider them when you finalize your selection.